Do you want to be part of an exciting new IOU opportunity?
IOU is seeking artists specialising in any art form to take up a live-in residency at IOU’s Hebden Bridge Hostel. The residency includes living rent and bill free in a private artist bedroom at the IOU Hebden Bridge Hostel; creating an art project in response to time spent at the hostel with IOU; and supporting the hostel two shifts a week, including time on call.
Location: IOU Hebden Bridge Hostel, West Yorkshire, UK
Length of Residency: Six months
Start Date: October/November 2022
This opportunity is open to artists from all backgrounds, who will be expected to present their work either at the IOU Hebden Bridge Hostel and/or the IOU Studio & Gallery.
- A six month live in artist in residence programme
- Opportunity to make an artwork and exhibit it
- Private rent and bill free artist accommodation, which includes a double bed and two single beds, desk and ensuite sink, shower and toilet.
- Experience working as Hostel Assistant for two shifts a week
- £500 a month fee/stipend (up to a maximum of £3,000 for 6 months), payable monthly based on National Living Wage for the hours worked at the hostel
- A materials budget of £300
- Open to artists from all diverse backgrounds, of all media and at all stages of their career
- Download the Artist Residency Information Pack here.
- Fill out the IOU Diversity Monitoring Form online here.
Email the following to email@example.com
- Your current CV
- A short statement (max 500 words) on why you are applying for the residency including:
- what it is about this opportunity with IOU that appeals to you
- any initial ideas you have on what you intend to create as your creative output whilst on the residency
- how it will benefit you at this point in your career/practice
- A maximum of 8 images of your work and/or a link to your website
- Any access or support needs you have in order to make the most of the residency
Deadline: Monday 10th October 2022
Interviews will be held the w/c 17th October 2022